By International Atomic Energy Agency
Read or Download Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica PDF
Best computational mathematicsematics books
The approximation of features of a number of variables remains to be a tough challenge in clinical computing simply because the various algorithms required for such difficulties have not begun to be written. This monograph is written for a large viewers of computational mathematicians and statisticians fascinated about the advance of algorithms or the derivation of approximations from linear projections, of which the interpolating operators are an enormous instance.
Foundations of Software Science and Computational Structures: 12th International Conference, FOSSACS 2009, Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2009, York, UK, March 22-29, 2009. Proceedings
This ebook constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the twelfth foreign convention on Foundations of software program technological know-how and Computational buildings, FOSSACS 2009, held in York, united kingdom, in March 2009, as a part of ETAPS 2009, the eu Joint meetings on thought and perform of software program. The 30 revised complete papers provided including invited talks have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 102 complete paper submissions.
This anthology offers serious experiences of tools and high-impact purposes in computational biology that bring about effects that non-bioinformaticians should also recognize to layout effective experimental study plans. getting to know Biomolecular Mechanisms with Computational Biology explores the method of translating series strings into organic wisdom and considers exemplary groundbreaking effects similar to unforeseen enzyme discoveries.
This quantity comprises the complaints of the second one foreign Workshop on Hybrid structures: Computation and keep watch over (HSCC’99) to be held March 29- 31, 1999, within the village Berg en Dal close to Nijmegen, The Netherlands. The rst workshop of this sequence was once held in April 1998 on the college of California at Berkeley.
- Transient numerical simulation of complex convection effects during solidification in casting and welding
- Numerical Analysis Of Turbine Blade Cooling Ducts
- (0, 1, 2, 4) Interpolation by G -splines
- The Art Of Computer Programming. Semi-numerical Algorithms
- Finite Element Methods for Nonlinear Optical Waveguides
- Computational Intelligence for Remote Sensing
Extra info for Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica
WRITTEN PROCEDURES The working procedures for normal conditions were not available. The emergency procedures were not able to be viewed at the time of the Expert Team’s assessment. 7. 1. Status of the charts A total of 113 patient therapy charts were reviewed, of which nine were from the Children’s Hospital, 37 from the Calderón Guardia Hospital and the remaining 67 from the San Juan de Dios Hospital. The therapy charts were reviewed at the San Juan de Dios Hospital and at the law courts. None of those persons in charge at the time of the accident, including the dosimetrist, the radiation therapist from the San Juan de Dios Hospital and the person who performed the initial calculation and calibration, were available for an interview in an effort to reconstruct the charts.
It then emerged that, instead of 18 s, a value of 30 s seems to have been used to determine the dose rate. 66. As a result, the dose rate would have been underestimated by the same factor, and therefore the dose to patients would consequently have been higher than that intended. 4. REGULATORY ACTIONS On 3 October 1996, the person in charge of dosimetry at the San Juan de Dios Hospital contacted the Section for Control of Ionizing Radiation of the Ministry of Health of Costa Rica, which is responsible for monitoring compliance with the regulations on radiation protection.
1. REQUEST TO THE IAEA TO UNDERTAKE AN EXPERT ASSESSMENT On 16 October 1996, the President of the Comisión de Energía Atómica de Costa Rica (CEA) (Atomic Energy Commission of Costa Rica), who is Adviser to the Resident Representative of Costa Rica to the IAEA and normally the Costa Rican technical counterpart for the Agency, officially informed the IAEA of the accident and requested “the support and collaboration of the IAEA as a matter of urgency, in order to do whatever was appropriate”. In doing so, he relayed a request to the CEA by the then Co-ordinator of an “ad hoc group for the administrative process” established by the CCSS.